FAQ’s About Classic & Collector Automobile Insurance
- What qualifies my vehicle as a collector vehicle?
Vehicles that are infrequently used and in very good to excellent condition that are either maintaining or increasing in value. These vehicles are also used in car club activities, exhibitions, parades, functions of public interest or for private collection.
- What types of vehicles qualify for collector vehicle coverage?
- Antique & Classic Vehicles (1800’s-1969)
- Modern Classics
- Exotics & Special Interest Vehicles
- Military Vehicles
- Street Rods & Customs
- Are there any requirements that my vehicle must meet in order to receive coverage?
- Qualification depends on usage, storage, and driving record
- The vehicle must be used on a “limited” basis (typically 4,000 kilometers per year)
- Collector vehicles valued over $50,000 should be stored in a fully-enclosed and locked garage when not in use
The above information is very broad, as the term “collector vehicle” is a broad term itself. Please contact a broker today for questions pertaining to coverage for your specific vehicle.